Leggings?!? Are you serious?

OK. You're employer offers you a benefit that saves you a metric butt-load of money, In order to take advantage of this benefit, all you need do is follow the guidelines that have been laid out... promulgated, if you will... by said employer.

You DO NOT HAVE to utilize this offered benefit. There are several other methods by which you may obtain the desired main result, which is transportation from 'Point A' to 'Point B' and presumably back again.

You are aware of this policy. You may not have read the specifics (heavens knows we're all repeatedly guilty of that), but you are aware that a policy exists. You violate said policy. I would imagine that you will soon wind up in civil court telling your sad tale of woe to a judge, but before that there is a very important step that you must take.

That step? Play it up in the court of the general public! With luck you'll quickly attract the attention of someone loonier than you, more entitled-feeling than you, and with a bigger mouth than you.

If I recall correctly, the main mouthpiece in this issue is a woman who actually works for the airline. If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion...

Once you're finished with this infringement on the rights of the poor and downtrodden, sweetie, perhaps you should give your hiring paperwork maybe a bit more than a cursory once-over. There may be something else in there of which you're unaware.

On a more serious note, I understand the frustration, but Team Leggings was in the wrong. Aren't there somewhere in our country more serious issues to be addressed? 

If one of the 'policies' at your house was that guests must remove their shoes prior to entry and I refuse to do so, what would be the outcome to that?

You're saving hundreds by taking advantage of a benefit the employer does not have to offer, and if such incidental requirements (of which you should have been aware) continue to temporarily tarnish the reputation and waste the time of said employer I would be willing to bet that soon you'll be able to wear leggings all you want for your flights, because the employer is going to do away with your 'fly free' benefit.


Comments

Popular Posts