Happy Birthday to me!

Or, as Mick Box (of one of my all-time favorite bands - Uriah Heep) would probably say; "'Appy Birthday!"

I'm trying to enjoy things as much as I can, but getting old isn't for sissies and I thought it would take a lot longer to get here than it has. So much for that, eh?

For my anniversary I decided the best gift to give was probably having back surgery. Again. So I did. I was off work from July 6 through September 25, and then I figured a decent birthday present to give would be to go back to work.

Eesh! What happened to my reasoning during the time that I was on disability? And as long as I'm talking about that, why do they HAVE to call it 'STD?' I mean, I know it's 'Short Term Disability,' but that's not the first thing that pops into people's minds when they hear those three letters.

Much like "WTF!" I'm guessing you didn't immediately think "Oh! He means Wednesday, Thursday, Friday." didya?

Have you had a chance to check out http://fasterandlouderblog.blogspot.com/ yet? You can still get your eyeballs on reviews of some really good music you're not likely to hear about anywhere else.

I've been fighting a cold for a little better than a week now. No, I'm not having a good time, and the St. Louis weather isn't helping things. One day it's in the low 30s and the next day it's in the low 60s. It's mid-December, fercryinoutloud!

The returns of Vegas Knights goaltender Marc Andre Fleury kinda coincided with the return of Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Matt Murray. December 14th saw the two former teammates going head-to-head in Las Vegas. Who in the world is Jon Merrill and why did he opt for December 14th to score his first goal of the season?

More good music to report on. If you have a chance, check out;

*Band Maid
*La Femme
*Doll$Boxx

In addition to the three you've probably not heard of, Ray Davies, Sparks, and Alice Cooper all have new CDs out and they're all quite good.

That's it for now. I thought I'd better try to get SOMEthing done before the end of the year.



Comments

Popular Posts